Skip to main content

Davido Shows Us a New Side to His Style in this L’Officiel Australia Fashion Book Feature

Nigerian artist Davido continues to prove that he is not just a talented musician, but also a style icon.

In a recent shoot styled by the talented Mike Ruiz for L’Officiel Fashion Book Australia, talking about the EndSARS protest, being named in TIME100 NextGen 2021, his mission with UNICEF and pioneering Afrobeats into the mainstream, the afrobeat singer shows us a new side to his style.

For the cover shoot he a red coat from Casablanca, a with a from Mugler and T-shirt from Salvatore Ferragamo.

Read excerpts of the interview below:

On how he feels about standing up to injustice as a global activist who is continuously campaigning for police to put an end to SARS:

First of all, shout out to the brave citizens of Nigeria. That was probably the first time in my generation to have seen people come out and really protest like that. People know that I’m for the people. When that issue came up, when the whole EndSARS project came up, everybody was just obviously knowing that I was going to be involved whichever way. I attended a couple of rallies. Me and my team, we met up with the inspector general police.

We filled the airport because I knew that I had the connections to see these people that in power and speak to them for my fans, for the citizens. I wasn’t there as a leader of any movement, I was there as a citizen that was also worried about what was going on. I personally don’t really have no police trouble because of who I am, but I see that from the people on a daily. It was something I really had to get involved in.

On “FEM” being the anthem for the EndSARS movement:

It’s crazy because we didn’t record that record. EndSARS hadn’t even started yet. We dropped that record two weeks before. The record’s already gone, it was huge already. Then there was a little rally where this government official was speaking to the people and then somebody played the song.

They played the song, everybody’s singing. He’s trying to talk, but everybody is singing the song instead. Then somebody got the video and it just went crazy. From there, it became the anthem of the whole– I almost got in trouble. I was like, “Yo, I did record that song, but–” It was nice to see them use a song of mine to be instrumental in how they felt.

About his mission with UNICEF:

First of all, shout out to UNICEF. First of all, I love what they’ve been doing for the continent for years and years and years. I think even before that, I’ve always been doing my work, I’ve always been trying to help the community, help kids. Even before this collaboration with UNICEF, I feel like it’s something I’ve been doing even without people knowing. That’s why I don’t really care people knowing how I help people. The most important fact is that they’re being helped and results are coming from whatever we’re doing for them.

When UNICEF came into the picture, we were like, “Yo, we can do this on a bigger scale.” It’s never been about money for me, it’s just about the platform that UNICEF has built. I’m thinking with me and what I know and the ideas I have to switch a lot of stuff around, I think we’ll do great stuff. That came along too.

Click here for the full interview with L’Officiel Fashion Book Australia.

The post Davido Shows Us a New Side to His Style in this L’Officiel Australia Fashion Book Feature appeared first on BellaNaija - Showcasing Africa to the world. Read today!.



from Style – BellaNaija https://ift.tt/3m94rsk
via style

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If I Ever Get Married And Feel My Husband Is Cheating, I’ll Pay A Hot Woman To Seduce Him – Princess Shyngle

Actress Princess Shyngle has disclosed that she is a jealous partner as she revealed some of the things she might do if she ever gets married. According to the Gambian-born actress, if she ever gets married and feels her husband is cheating but has not been caught, she will pay a hot woman to seduce him. Read Also: Davido’s Lamborghini Dey Enter My Eyes Sha – Burna Boy Admits Shyngle also revealed that if this works, she doesn’t know what she will do. The actress however added that she needs to work on the jealous side of her before dating again. She wrote; If I ever get married and I feel my husband is cheating on me but I’ve never caught him, I will literally find a beautiful hot girl that I’ll pay to seduce him. If she succeeds, hmmmmmm, I don’t know what I will do honestly. Read Also: Tender Proof To Show I Slept With You Or Stop The Rigmarole — Mompha Tells Bobrisky I’m such a freaking jealous partner when I’m in love and it sucks lol. I guess I need to work on that befo

Nigerian Actor Arrested For Peddling Drugs In India

Nigerian national, Chekwume Malvin, who works as an actor in the Indian film industry has been arrested for allegedly peddling drugs . The 45-year-old was caught red-handed on Wednesday near the BDA Complex in HRBR Layout by operatives of the Indian Police Service, attached to the K.G. Halli police division . The police seized about 15 grams of MDMA, 250 ml of hashish oil, ₹2,500 (N13, 850) in cash and a mobile phone. The total value of the seized items is estimated to be around ₹8 lakh (N44). Read Also: “Has The Naira Appreciated?” – Reno Omokri Blasts CBN Governor Days After Declaring AbokiFX Owner Wanted Inquiries revealed that Malvin had come to India on a medical visa but then enrolled in the New York Film Academy in Mumbai to learn acting. According to The Hindu, the police said he had completed a six-month course in acting from the same academy in Abuja in Nigeria. After completing the course in Mumbai, Malvin joined the film industry and acted in over 20 Tamil, Malayalam

“The Appalling Atrocity Of Slavery Forever Stains Our History” – Prince Charles Says As Barbados Ends 394 Years Of British Monarchical Rule And Becomes A Republic

Prince Charles has acknowledged the “appalling atrocity of slavery”, describing it as something “which forever stains our history”, during the ceremony marking Barbados’ historic transition to a republic. Charles summed up the period when the UK was one of the leading players in the transatlantic slave trade as the “darkest days of our past”, but looking to the future said the “creation of this republic offers a new beginning”. The prince will be head of state of many nations in the Caribbean when he becomes king and his words will resonate across the region. Barbados’ ties with the British monarchy going back centuries were severed just after the clock struck midnight on Tuesday morning when the nation’s first president, Dame Sandra Mason, was sworn into office replacing the Queen as head of state during a televised open-air ceremony in the capital Bridgetown. In a message to the president and the people of Barbados, the Queen sent the new republic her “warmest good wishes for yo